Professional Development Opportunities
- Demonstrate to students, colleagues, parents, and supervisors that you are the best Teacher Assistant you can be!
- Maintain the highest professional standards through NCATA’s Professional Development Plan (PDP) certification program*.
Discounted rates for NCATA annual conference and educational workshops.
LEARN MORE ABOUT PDP!
The North Carolina Association of Teacher Assistants is proud to sponsor a scholarship program for its members’ children. Scholarships are awarded in amounts of up to $1,500.00. Members of NCATA are eligible to apply for a scholarship for their son or daughter. Scholarship recipients are honored at the annual NCATA conference.
LEARN MORE ABOUT SCHOLARSHIPS!
Teacher Assistant of the Year
NCATA selects a Teacher Assistant of the Year (TAOY) annually from finalists in each of the eight districts. The recipient of the State TAOY award is recognized as an exemplary representative of NCATA and teacher assistants of North Carolina. It's quite an honor to be selected by your peers to represent them as Teacher Assistant of the Year!
LEARN MORE ABOUT TA of the YEAR!
Powerful Legislative Advocacy
- One of the strongest lobbying associations in education
- Focused legislative advocacy
Legislative updates and reports designed to inform/mobilize
LEARN MORE ABOUT LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY!
OTHER BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP:
Annual Conference & Education Workshops
- Be inspired by relevant and professional speakers
- Latest trends, updates, and resources in education
- Networking and Fellowship
Invaluable Peer Networking
- Meet colleagues in your area, region, and state.
- Develop life-long friendships (providing resources and support)
- On-line discussion forum
Critical News & Information
- NCATA news & updates on informative newsletters and on web site
- Complimentary subscription of newsletter to all NCATA Members
Recognition & Awards
- NC Teacher Assistant of the Year Program (TAOY)
- Scholarship Program for children of teacher assistants
- Recognition for successful completion of initial PDP certification
- Opportunities for service and leadership
Learn more about how YOU can help NCATA with your support of programs like GoodSearch and Capital One's NCATA credit card.
Consumer Discounts & Benefits
- Hertz Car Rental
- Barnes & Nobles
- Choice Hotels
- NC Vision Plan 150
- Office Depot
All of these benefits are available to you as a member of NCATA for the incredibly low cost of $40.00 per year! Our affordable membership dues make our Association accessible to all Teacher Assistants.
Join today and encourage your colleagues to join with you!