"NCATA has been an integral source of training for our teacher assistants! Even during this lean budgetary trend, our teacher assistants have been able to allow representatives from our school system to attend the NCATA annual conference, where they have received excellent information that they have shared with their colleagues back home. The teacher assistants who attend have all spoken of their appreciation for the content and relevance of the topics presented, and their experiences have certainly given them confidence and credibility as they interact daily with our teachers, students and staff. In our county, our teacher assistants are integral to our instructional program, and they are better prepared because of their involvement with NCATA."
Principal at Moyock Elementary School
Join or renew your membership today to enjoy the following NCATA member benefits!
Invaluable Peer Networking
- Meet colleagues in your area, region, and state.
- Develop life-long friendships (providing resources and support)
- On-line discussion forum
Informative Legislative Advocacy
- Focused legislative advocacy
- Legislative updates and reports designed to inform/mobilize
Critical News & Information
- NCATA news & updates on informative newsletters and on web site
- Complimentary subscription of newsletter to all NCATA Members
Annual Conference & Education Workshops*
- Be inspired by relevant and professional speakers
- Latest trends, updates, and resources in education
- Networking and Fellowship
Professional Development Opportunities
- Demonstrate to students, colleagues, parents, and supervisors that you are the best Teacher Assistant you can be!
- Maintain the highest professional standards through NCATA’s Professional Development Plan (PDP) certification program*.
- Discounted rates for NCATA annual conference and educational workshops
Recognition & Awards
- NC Teacher Assistant of the Year Program (TAOY)
- Scholarship Program for children of teacher assistants
- Recognition for successful completion of initial PDP certification
- Opportunities for service and leadership
Affinity Programs - Learn more about how YOU can help NCATA with your support of programs like GoodSearch and Capital One's NCATA credit card.
- Consumer Discounts & Benefits
- Hertz Car Rental
- Barnes & Nobles
- Choice Hotels
- NC Vision Plan 150
- Office Depot
Members who are logged on to the web site may follow this link to get specific information about how to access their consumer benefits.
All of these benefits are available to you as a member of NCATA for the incredibly low cost of $40.00 per year! Our affordable membership dues make our Association accessible to all Teacher Assistants.